I’ve started doing more and more with linux, I wanted a way to store updates and packages offline – in the same way we do for Windows using WSUS and SCCM etc… This is how to host offline repositories, it may not be the most secure method – but is aimed at LAN hosting where you trust the LAN members!
- Set up a server to host the RPM content, I used CentOS 7.
- Install a web server service, I used nginx – my base path is /var/www/html
- Create a folder for the repo you want to host – in this example I’m going to use “base”
- Use reposync to download the RPM’s
- reposync -p /var/www/html -r base -l
- Create a repo
- createrepo /var/www/html/base
- Update the repo after a reposync
- createrepo –update /var/www/html/base
You can now amend your yum config files on clients to use this repo, I will post another entry sometime with more information on how to automatically update the repo.